And another National PCA has ended…. Thanks to everyone who participated, and made it such an incredible success. Sherry and I are pleased!
It is hard to imagine, but with the end of the conference, thoughts now are turned to the next year’s conference. In 2015 we will be in Seattle, and there will be a number of changes, which will be important for you to consider before you propose, and new deadlines and dates to keep in mind.
- The conference will be held the 21-25th of March, starting instead on a Tuesday, not the traditional Wednesday, and will end Good Friday, not the Saturday
- Proposals will be accepted from the 1st of July 2015 to the 1st of October.
- Deadlines are firm, and there will be no exceptions
- The preliminary schedule will be posted online by the 15th of January
- Grant deadlines for the PCA will be earlier than in past years- please consult the website pcaaca.org for more information
- Sakuracon will be held before our conference at the same hotel, and the hotel will host Emerald City Comic-Con immediately afterwards – you may want to take these conferences in at the time of your visit
- The hotel will be busy with these events so please book at the Seattle Sheraton as soon as possible
- Our paper awards deadline will be the 15th of January 2016 rather than the usual February 1st. Rules for the award submissions can be found on our website: pcasff.wordpress.com
- This year we will be limiting the number of papers in our area to 104 – that means that the earliest proposals have the best possibility of being accepted.
- If in a previous conference you were unable to give your paper, but you failed to notify the chairs of your area (the PCA/ACA are sharing area lists), your proposal will likely be rejected. Please contact your area if you are in this position and wish your proposal to be considered
We will be circulating our Call for Proposals within the next few weeks, as we have more details about special sessions, and themes for particular panels.
If you wish to add your name to our mailing list, or change the email we contact you with, or wish your name removed, please contact us and we will adjust accordingly.